Monday, April 12, 2010

Bath Time Made Easy: Eurobath

Eurobath: Miah started sitting up recently which caused me to start rethinking bath time.  I had been bathing him on this great little bath pillow.  It had worked really well for the first 6 months.  It kept him warm and he never fussed during his bath.  Now he wanted to sit up and play and I wasn't too excited about the idea of sitting on the floor holding him while my legs fell asleep.

I started looking into all my options.  I found bath bumpers, inflatable tubs, non slip mats and bath rings.  I read review after review and wasn't finding anything that seemed like a great option.  The inflatable tubs were seeming like a good option, but I would still have to hang on to him to make sure he didn't fall over and end up under water.  The bath ring reviews said they dug into the baby's legs and were hard to open.

I must have looked at more than a dozen products before I came across the Eurobath.  The reviews on this product were amazing (638 ratings of 5 star on Amazon).  I read through several pages of reviews on this product and decided I had to have one.  This tub has many great features.  First of all, it has two sides - one for babies and one for unassisted sitters.  The baby side reclines and contours to their body.  I used this side the other day when my little one had a tummy ache.  This way he could recline and relax. The other side is shaped so that they can sit up unassisted and won't fall down.  It is contoured between their legs to keep them upright.  Now Miah can spend as long as he wants playing in the bath and I can sit and watch him without having to hold on.  Miah likes that their is plenty of room for his tub toys and they can't float too far out of his reach.  He also likes that the water comes up to his chest to keep him warm while he plays.  Mommy likes that it is easy to clean and takes less water than a normal tub.  (For those of you with small tubs like mine, the dimensions say it is 21" wide but our tub is 19" and it fits fine.  I just leave it in the tub when not in use.  It is also really light if you need to move it occasionally.)

If you're child wants to play for long periods of time in the tub like mine does, then this is a must have item.

PRIMO EuroBath Pearl White- Our new tub
Leachco Safer Bather - Infant Bath Pad - Blue Fish - The bath pad we used until now and loved
Tubtime Tugboat- Miah's favorite tub toys
The First Years Sit and Store Parent Bathing Seat and Stepstool - We don't have this but it looks like it would be a great addition.  It can be used for sitting by the tub, storing toys/soap, and as a step stool.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Jade
I have a wonderful husband and an amazing little boy who I enjoy very much.
View my complete profile