Monday, April 12, 2010

Safer Crib: Breathable Bumpers

BreathableBaby Bumpers: I looked into these bumpers before Miah was born.  They weren't quite as cute as the traditional bumpers so I went with a regular bumper instead.  That was great for the first several months.  Then Miah became mobile.  He became very active in his crib at a young age.  I would lay him down at one end and find him at the other end 2 hours later.  He would wiggle his way out of his sleep wedge in nothing flat.  It concerned me, however, that I often came in to find him sleeping with his face smashed against the bumper.  After several days of this I decided it was time to value safety over fashion.

The breathable bumper still looks nice, and now I have the peace of mind that he is safe even if he wants to sleep against the sides.  (He did manage to get his foot out between the slats one day by pushing the bumper down with his foot.  Overall, I still think it is the safest option.)

Here is what Amazon says about them:
  • Reduces the risks of suffocation, entanglement and climbing
  • Soft and padded, keeps little limbs safely inside
  • Easy-wrap design; adjustable to fit cribs with slatted ends, attaches easily with hook and loop fasteners, no dangerous ties
  • Collapses to prevent climbing, patented and safety evaluated
They also make breathable blankets and are in the process of making wearable blankets and other products.
BreathableBaby.com

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Jade
I have a wonderful husband and an amazing little boy who I enjoy very much.
View my complete profile