Monday, April 12, 2010

Help for stuffy noses

Nasal Clear Nasal Aspirator: Anyone who has tried to use the blue rubber aspirators probably understands what we went through when Miah had a cold.  We knew using the aspirator would make him feel better, but try convincing him of that.  The process took two of us.  One to hold him down and the other to try to suck the snot as he screamed and trashed about.  The tears would stream down his face.  I decided it was easier (on mom anyway) to leave him congested. 

Then I saw the nasal clear aspirator on a website.  It had multiple reviews saying that children actually liked to use this aspirator.  It sounded impossible, but I was desperate and willing to give it a shot. 

We read the instructions, turned on the music (the aspirator plays tunes), and headed towards or little one with the loud battery operated snot sucker.  To our amazement he just sat there totally still and didn't make a sound.  No screaming, no tears, no thrashing. 

To be honest I have no idea why kids like this.  The blue traditional bulb seems much less scary to me, but beyond all reason my child is another one of many who actually likes this contraption.  If you have a child that hates those standard aspirators, this really is worth the $20.  When they don't feel good they are miserable enough.  This will make life easier for you and for them.

Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops for Dry for Stuffy Noses, 1-Ounce (30 ml) (Pack of 6)- We used these saline drops with the aspirator which makes it work even better

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish Karlie had responded like Jeremiah!! she still trashed and screamed... :( oh well, maybe next kid will *like* it :) hahah

About Me

My Photo
Jade
I have a wonderful husband and an amazing little boy who I enjoy very much.
View my complete profile